Quite simply: because your customers are already mobile. And the sheer number of your customers using mobile phones to access your website are increasing by the day. “By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than PC’s to get online.” (source) Yes, you read that correctly, more customers and potential customers will be accessing YOUR site from their mobile phone than their laptop or desktop computer. That’s a staggering statistic that truly shows the shift in the way we are consuming information.
Some other interesting numbers and reasons why you need a Mobile Website:
- Mobile searches have grown 4X since 2010
- Well over 1 Billion of the World’s 4 Billion mobile phones are smartphones
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth
Why you need a Mobile Optimized Website
It’s one thing to have your website load in your customer’s mobile phone, but most websites were not designed to be viewed on the small screens of a mobile phone. This results in a frustrating experience for end users and why a mobile optimized website is a necessity.
A website that loads into your mobile phone is NOT a mobile website. A mobile website that is designed and arranged specifically for the mobile user IS a mobile optimized website. Your customers expect their experience on your site via their mobile phone to be as good as their normal desktop experience.
- 60% of users expect a mobile website to load in 3 seconds or less
- 71% of users expect a mobile website to load as fast as a desktop website
- 78% will retry a site two times or less if it does not load initially
A Bad Mobile Website Can Cost You Customers
It’s hard enough to get customers to your website on a normal day. You spend time and energy working to deliver more customers through your virtual doors. Make sure they have a pleasant experience once they get to your website. A poorly designed mobile website or a website that is not properly formatted for mobile phone, WILL cost you money. This is why you need a mobile website:
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% turn to YOUR competitors after a bad mobile website experience
- 23% of adults have cursed at their phone when a site doesn’t work
Why Local Businesses Need a Mobile Website
If you are a local business that services persons in a geographic area, there is no question, you NEED a Mobile Website. Why? Almost all smart phone users have searched for local information at one point or another. From doctors and dentists to plumbers and restaurants, chances are your customers have searched for your product or service using their Mobile phone. Additional stats showing why local businesses need a mobile website:
- 95% of smart phone users have searched for local information
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% will visit that location
- 90% of these users will act within 24 hours, providing an excellent chance for sales for your business